View Single Post
Old
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
skule123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't expect Gainey to be back next year, when he fired Carbo, he made it clear this season is all on him, and the fans/media will be calling for blood from anyone and everyone next week, as without Markov, this team seems unable to win.

This season has been brutal, the good news is that we have a ton of cap space for next year, a possible new owner this summer, and likely a new management staff. Not that I expect us to land any UFA's, and if the new owner is actually a group of owners, I fear we will be more like the leafs who from what I understand have too much input or say from the board, which creates problems.

I don't like where things are going for us, aside from young talent of Price (21), Pacioretty (20) and Subban (19) plus several other decent prospects.
I hope Gainey stays, but it definitely seems like the table is set for his potential departure more than ever before. This would be a disaster, one that the boo-birds and coin-tossers won't see until it's too late. I guess the timing of his departure would also be very key: will he leave before or after UFA day, and will he head up the hometown UFA resigning effort?

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote