View Single Post
Old
09-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye
All polls so far favour Bettman over Goodenow by a 2 to 1 margin or more. Where do I sign to get Goodenow to resign? His bull headedness and intimidation of his own players has led to this mess. The owners at least admit to making mistakes as does Bettman but Goodenow remains adament that virtual status quo will do when everyone knows it wont. Players have to find a way to put pressure on Goodenow to give in on the cap issue or we wont see hockey until the fall of 2006. Goodenow's number one job should be to protect jobs for his association members and cap should be secondary. I think in a free confidential vote by the players the majority would support some form of partnership with owners and would agree to a 52 percent share.

How many times must it be said? Goodenow will not be dumped by the players, the guy is almost Jesus-Christ and did miracles for them. He doesn't walk on water but almost.

I think you're fooling yourself big time.

What you're saying, essentially is: I think the players should wake up and fire the guy that allowed them to *totally own* the owners, put them on their knees and beg to accept a system where the players have ruled like never before.

Do you realize just how totally insane this is? The guy has the track record where he put the players totally over the top and (cue scary music: tum tum tum) they
should "overthrow" him before it's too late :lol

There is no way the players will drop the guy after such glowing success. Big time CBA win that screws up the owner, followed by a renewal of the same ****ed up CBA. He has been money for them. From the players' perspective, the guy certainly deserves to go all the way on this one.

The players can certainly accept a lesser CBA, but they will let Goodenow in place to negociate it nonetheless. They'd be crazy not to.