Thread: News Article: Dynamo Moscow signs Omark and Harju
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
the word*

vCash: 500
I'll wait until I hear more details before I arrive at any conclusions. I will however speculate to what I think would have been a fair contract offer. Around 750 thousand on an entry level contract (mandatory two-way) with bonuses but not with the bonus structure built into contracts that you see in the top half of first round draft picks in exceptionally strong draft years.

If the Omark camp turned down that type of offer I would be the first to say have fun in Russia kid while we hold your NHL rights.

If the Oiler's camp did really only offer close to the league minimum on a mandatory entry level deal I can only assume management speculated or knew Omark wasn't ready for the show, and wanted to see what he could do in another league. That could be good management. Particularly if he wasn't going to make an impact in the NHL next season. Also, many of these young players are adverse to playing in the AHL. Young Europeans and Robbie Schremp in particular

I want to see Omark succeed in the KHL. If he does succeed in the KHL, I want to see him in an Oiler's uniform next season. Remember, he is a very young player and being a young player his potential as a hockey player is not close to being reached yet. It could still be half a decade or more before he reaches his potential.

The only worry for me is Omark rips up the KHL and he continues his career to never play a game for the Oil.

Does that sum it up for everyone?

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote