View Single Post
Old
04-18-2009, 02:25 PM
XS Chop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
For the sake of discussion, let's pretend that Stevens is shown the door...who is his replacement?

- Probably a little bit of a hard ass? That 'type' of coach would make sense, yes?

Well, here's my issue. If these clowns are still upset that Upshall was traded, how do they respond when a hard ass coach comes in and takes their fun away? I'm not saying it won't work, perhaps it will...maybe it won't.

That remains to be seen.

Personally, I think some of the team has to go...and I can't imagine the reaction around here, because I'm not thinking of a 3rd liner, and we all saw (and still do see) the outcry for Upshall.

Can you imagine if it were a more skilled player?
Not sure if I'm agreeing or disagreeing with you here. Bottom line to me is this. I think it's pretty much universally agreed that this core has the talent to win us more than one cup over the next few years. Maybe it's the overly dramatic reality show society we live in these days but we're treating these grown men like they're a bunch of heartbroken school girls. If they can't bring themselves to react to a situation (Upshall's trade, the playoffs) or a hardass coach to bring them closer to the ultimate goal then they're only going to dissapoint us year after year. I think we owe them some respect, give them that next level coach. If they end up sulking in the corner as a result then it's time to start weeding those players out, no matter who they may be.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote