Thread: News Article: Dynamo Moscow signs Omark and Harju
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2009, 05:43 PM
MerryJ99

vCash: 500
I am still not sure what all of the hoopla is about, Tambo has stated that he wants to get bigger, so that is one strike against Omark at the moment, and the Oilers retain his rights still so really let him go to the KHL which is a step above the AHL and the SEL and lets see what he can do there? He has an opt out after his first year if he wants to come to the NHL, but from reading what he has said in the articles and from what his agent said, the offer from the Oilers was fair but the KHL was guaranteeing him over a million for the year, so he took the money and is playing there. If he comes to the NHL he will be on an entry level deal which is a two way deal and could be sent down to the AHL and would play for under 100K more than likely. What would you choose if you had a choice?

Again lets see what he does in a much tougher league than what he is in right now then see if he is deserving of a large Rookie deal... I could just imagine what would happen if Tambo gave him the maximum and he turns out to be a bust, well I guess you could always bury him in the minor and have him go back to the KHL or SEL in that case. All I know is that there is no way the Oilers could have come close to matching the deal that he got in the KHL.

and he really shouldn't talk to the media anymore because he is making himself out to look like a whiny kid that didn't get his way. A bad attitude is not what one wants to have as a label. Making contract negotiations public is not the best thing to do, it could backfire on him.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote