Old
04-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzen View Post
That's not Omark's fault that we haven't heard both sides.

I would love to see the Oiler's explain why they think being small isn't good enough to make the team next year.

I'm pretty sure Omark came out (my intuition again!) because he knew the Oiler's were in the wrong to talk to him the way they did.

There was no bashing of the Oiler's as far as I can see. How do you interpret he is bashing? Because he informed us of why he signed for Russia instead of us speculating?

Seems the fans would (did?) want an answer to why Russia instead of Edmonton and he gave it to them. Better to be honest then hide behind rhetoric.
Omark needs to learn to keep his trap shut. Omark got more from the KHL than the Oilers were allowed to under the CBA. The maximum they could give him was $875,000 and Omark got $1.3M the first year and $1.4M the second year. The Oilers couldn't compete with that no matter what. Omark is not worth the rookie max and he shouldn't be criticizing the organization and talking about contract negotiations. Contract negotiations are confidential and should be kept at that.