View Single Post
Old
09-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Puckhead

vCash: 500
The owners will break the union. There are 30 teams, so for the sake of argument, lets just say there are 30 owners. It is a lot easier to remain united when you are dealing with small numbers. The players on the other hand are around 750. I don't care what Bob Goodenow and Ted Saskin are saying, that number is far too large to remain united if this goes on for awhile. Already we hear about John Madden wanting to get the season going, even with a cap. As time goes on the players will start buzzing to their player reps and then to the top guns and I think that if the owners can remain strong they will no doubt win this, and it is for the betterment of the game. I believe that there will be no hockey until January of 2006, unless the players union starts to fail, in which case September of 2005. Unfortunately, I think that both sides are stubborn enough, and have enough money put away to throw this season down the tubes. One thing is certain, if the players don't go for what the owners are suggesting in time to salvage some sort of season with playoffs this year, then the owners will be really pissed, and that is why Jan. 2006 seems more likely.

Last edited by Puckhead: 09-16-2004 at 11:17 PM.