View Single Post
Old
04-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKomisarek View Post
He is by far our most talented forward.

I'm as much of a fan of Kovalev as the next guy, but he is way too inconsistent during the regular season. On some nights he can be the best player on the ice, others you can't even tell he's in the lineup. He is still a playoff performer, but without him we cannot go far.

We need more efficient support players. Plekanec and A Kost aren't even contributing to this series. When top 2 line player can't provide offensively, they can at least try to be more physical (see Ovechkin). Surely they are not the same calibre as Ovechkin, but being a bit physical isn't very difficult.
We need more than just support players. We need players that will lead this team production wise. We can't ask a 35 player (36 next year) to be our scoring leader. Koivu and Kovalev are exactly the type of ''veteran presence'' any cup potential team would want for the POs.

We need them to be complimentary players, the day THEY'll be the support players, we'll have a great team.
I think A.Kost can become dominant, and it's only his 2nd year so giving up on him this early would be dumb.
We definitely need to get a top line center next year.

Even if Plekanec plays better next year and gets bigger, I don't see his softness go away.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote