View Single Post
04-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered User
Steelhead16's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Boise, ID
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Definately go see a doctor who specializes in sports related injuries. There are so many different things that can be wrong in there. I have had knee issues for years and I wear a different brace on each knee when I skate because I have something different wrong with each knee. I can't ski anymore but I can still skate at least a little. I've had physical therapists in the past give me different workouts to strengthen the areas around the bad parts to take the pressure off of the bad part. I know people who have had complete ACL tears still be able to play with a brace on. The brace stablized the knee and strengthening the quads and calf muscles and smaller muscles around the knee made up for what was missing.
It can be done but get some professional help to get you started. Trust me, if you do it wrong you can make a mess that only a knife or scope can fix. Good Luck.

Steelhead16 is offline   Reply With Quote