View Single Post
Old
04-19-2009, 12:36 PM
hillbillypriest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Omark

Of course the kid went to the place that wanted him the most, of course he's answering the media's questions and I give him full marks for being honest (KLolini gets nO Marks ) . Would people rather he offered no reasons for choosing the KHL and left us Oiler fans (and the rest of the world) wondering? Tough titty for KLolini if the truth gets out.

I hope he has a great season in the KHL and I hope we get him in Oilers silks. If we don't, we know who to blame.

I don't see a problem with LO's decision here, at all. Anyone would have done the same thing in his position.

Guy who asks stupid questions: "Hey Linus, do you want to make $1.3M a year on a high-level pro team that wants you to play big minutes or make less than $65k and play in the biggest grinder factory in the known universe?"

Omark: "Well, I hate money and I don't really like scoring goals so it's an easy decision for me. I'm goin' to Bucknyland."
With due respect to the posters criticising the Oilers for not signing Omark at this time (particularly the Swedish fans whose convictions that he's the real goods that I won't doubt), I think we've got to give the Oilers some benefit of the doubt.

The fact of the matter is that the Oilers are not in a good cap situation right now, particularly looking ahead to 2010-11. The Oilers also have some important holes to fill in the top six forwards when the UFA market this summer has the prospects of having an unusually large number of players make it to July 1 and a lot more competition amongst players for available dollars - particularly for deals longer than a year.

Omark may be a really good NHL calibre top six forward, but to bank on this coming to pass right away would be foolish IMO. As a result, and given Omark's defected player status, it's not at all a bad risk/reward proposition to have Omark play in a top league at least one more year and check back with him when his first KHL season is done.

hillbillypriest is offline   Reply With Quote