View Single Post
Old
09-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Vlad The Impaler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2
After the impasse: Yes (and some will). Until that time we won't know how big a rift exists within the NHLPA. 40% of players might not be happy with Goodenow and walk as a group. It might be 10%, it might be just a handful. With 1200 employees and fringe NHL/AHL/prospects you can bet some will cross. Its not if, its how many and equally important WHO.
Ok. My problem with the question (whether they can LEGALLY cross after the impasse) and my problem with replacement players is because of the numerous provincial/state and federal laws at work.

I would really like a study to be done, something. I winder why reporters keep on presenting inane issues and moan instead of reporting interesting stuff like that.

I mean, labor laws differ in Canada and the US. That's one issue. Then hockey takes place in four Canadian provinces, which also have different laws and God knows how many US states. I don't know if US states each have different labor laws the same way we do in our different provinces either.

The whole thing is very complicated and it's tough to find clear answers. I'd like to see detailed articles about that one day, instead of seeing Bob McKenzie's mug telling me the same stuff over and over again like a broken record.