View Single Post
Old
09-17-2004, 09:28 AM
Chili

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl
and right you are, of course:

Madden found himself in a sticky situation Thursday because he was quoted as saying he would consider accepting a salary cap, which the players have stated repeatedly is unacceptable to them. Madden said his words were taken out of context.

"I was asked if my union decided to go along with a cap, would I accept that and I said, yeah, I'd go along with my union," Madden said. "[The union] obviously has our best interest in mind. That's all I said."

When asked if he could envision the union caving in and accepting a cap, Madden replied, "No, not at all."
Interesting but not unexpected.

Madden had also made some interesting comments earlier in the week (link)

Quote:
"I'm surprised we haven't worked anything out yet," Madden said before teeing off in a charity golf event sponsored by the Devils' alumni at the Ballyowen Golf Club.

"You would think with five years of talking, supposedly, and we have nothing, what's going to happen?" Madden said, shaking his head. "I think we might have to shut down the league and start over again. Who knows?"

"My stand is, we have to make the game right, regardless of whose numbers are right," Madden said. "Someone's numbers have to be right. There has to be a meeting of both sides coming together a little bit. I just think it's important to get the season started for the fan base."
"My stand is, we have to make the game right, regardless of whose numbers are right,"