Thread: News Article: Lucic Suspended 1 Game
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Um, Lucic is loved in Boston mostly for his heart. He's probably not going to become the second coming of Cam that some might think he is. He could still yet be; no one knows.
I doubt he's going to be the next Cam Neely, not by a long shot.

It's not uncommon for emotional "pest" type players to be fan favorites -- it certainly is the case in Montreal -- but that doesn't change what they are.

Quote:
I wouldn't define him as a pest player, but more of an emotional one.
Isn't that how all fans define their own teams' pests?

I mean, Begin was seen as an emotional warrior, and now Lapierre, and let's face it... they're both pest types.

Quote:
Lats usually scores at the high 20 point levels; Lucic scored over 40 points this year. True, he probably has had better linemates head to head, but he's been moved around quite a bit this year on several lines.
Lucic has better linemates, hence the higher assist totals, though he also gets more icetime and more PP time, both of which help a great deal. (And Lats has been injured, which ate into his counting totals.)

Quote:
I think it's probably fairly universally thought that Lucic and Komisarek are both dynamite players.
Frankly, I think Lucic is pretty overhyped, if not overrated. He's an useful player, but not a key player.

The rhetoric gets too inflamed sometimes, on both sides. Like when the crowds get all national and everything...funny in this case wherein Lucic's a Canadian and Komisarek was born in the States. Too funny.

Quote:
And, if the B's are getting good press lately...I like to think it's because we've done something to earn it.
It would have been nice to have received the same treatment last year, but then, Boston's press is very homerish and Montreal's press is... not. If anything, Montreal's press is openly hostile towards the team. And the national media aren't much better.

The most homerish person in Montreal media is PJ Stock... who is an avowed Bruins fan.

Quote:
You gotta admit, les Habitantes have not exactly suffered in the national broadcasting scene having guys over the years like Bill Clement (who although played for the Flyers, LOVED Montreal) and even now, Brian Engbloom and the whole TSN crowd (who are, understandably, fairly pro-Canadian).
Very pro-English Canadian, you mean. Several of the TSN crowd are very bad at masking their contempt for the Habs, and let's not get into the CBC, especially Don Cherry. It shouldn't be surprising, mind -- their core viewership is the Greater Toronto Area, so they pile onto the rival Habs.

Quote:
Back to Komi: His contract is up this year, no? If you guys don't want him, we'll take him!
I think Montreal will re-sign him if this circus doesn't drive him away -- but I doubt he'd sign for Boston in any case.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote