View Single Post
Old
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
in case you havnt realized you have thomas locked up for the next 4 years, so your telling me ur ok with your future goaltender not starting for the next 4 years, that a bit too much seasoning if u ask me
Rask is but 20 years old I think, either turned 20 or will be 21 ... Tim Thomas locked up for 4 years at 35 years old. No guarantees that age doesn't catch up with him with either injury or slower reflexes.

The GM clearly stated the gameplan was to bring Rask in at some point which had the Manny won't be here next year overtones so Rask can be the backup and get some games in.

Tuukka Rask will be a great one we already know that from what we have seen of him here and there.

If he outplays Tim Thomas for the job he does. Tim Thomas got the job because he outplayed everyone we had in goal that he was supposed to back up. Stole the job really and was rewarded this season with a nice contract.

I was just stating though that they brought Price in way too young for such a high pressure place to play in Montreal. I would hate to see any goaltender ruined like that.

Price seems like a good kid and he deserves a fair shake. I think Montreal fans expect a Stanley Cup, Patrick Roy performance, Dryden performance every year and need to be realists. Those greats are rare an unfair pressure for the current goaltending tandem in Montreal.

Luongo in Vancouver is the only goalie I see playing today in that caliber ... well besides a younger Brodeur. Brodeur has been good but not great like he was before.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote