View Single Post
Old
04-20-2009, 06:28 AM
vitogor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Lucerne is charming, definitely a must see. Good choice to start from there. From the biggest cities, give Zurich and Bern a try, both have really nice old towns. Basle doesn't offer as much and Lausanne and Geneva, though nice places, are probably not worth the long trip from Lucerne. A must see is the Italian speaking part, so definitely plan a trip to Bellinzona and Lugano, both are gorgeous places. Then you of course need to go to some mountain places, and I think that from Lucerne the most convenient place to go is the Interlaken area.

Maybe it's too much to fit in a four days trip. Are you there for 4 full days or is that including the day arrival and departure days?
Thanks for your input!

I guess it's more like 3 and a half days - I'm flying into Zurich at 11 am, but I'm not counting my departure day, because it's early in the morning. So it's 3 full days, plus the second part of my arrival day. Wish I had more time to spend there, but it probably means that I'll just have to come back someday

I just read up on the Italian region a little bit more, and I'm now very intrigued. You just made my choices a lot harder (j/k )

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote