View Single Post
Old
04-20-2009, 07:25 AM
DougHarvey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva View Post
Here I have a solution : Maybe we should suggest to people to start speaking english so the language barrier's gone. Then we should start to convince people to follow more baseball so that less people watch hockey = less medias. Media's pressure gone. Then we should actually convince our government to offer less services and lower taxes so that we can attract UFA.

Imagine, we could be a team like.... I don't know.... Toronto Maple Leafs, wouldn't it be so great !

OR we could start to draft better, develop our players better, making better team decision and build a better team. That's the real issues here, others issues are just excuses and have nothing to do with our success or lack of success.
Keep burying your head in the sand. Socially, this is the worst city in the NHL to play for. Schooling and taxation are two huge reasons. Throw into that a media/fanbase that oversteps the boundaries of good taste and you a have the least desireable option for impending UFA's

Yes, you can build through the draft, but you still need to compliment those players and as we have seen, trading is not as easy as it used to be.

When Lecavalier gets louder cheers than the hometown players at the All-Star game, then there is something seriously wrong.If Vinny actually wanted to play here, he would not have signed an 11 year extension with T Bay.I don't want him here, because the media would rip him to shreds the minute something went wrong.I would go as far to bet that Montreal is on his list no-trade teams.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote