View Single Post
Old
04-20-2009, 08:23 AM
fufonzo

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I have no idea how you people cannot see how much further along this team is than when Bob took over.

Where were you guys last year when we were 1st in the East?
Who was complaining about lack of elite talent? Who was complaining about our team being too soft?
Maybe a few of you?

Gainey took a first place team and added Tanguay (talent), Lang (bigger skilled centre) and Laracque (toughness) to address our team's needs.
We then were playing very well 5 on 5, but realized we needed to bolster our PP. He got Schneider and that worked very well. He also added Metro for the playoffs, and I don't see how anyone can complain about the work of Metro.

Honestly, if you take a 1st place team, without losing any key pieces (although Streit turned out to be a key piece, nobody would have paid him $4m to keep him last summer), and add Tanguay, Lang, Schneider, Metro, and Laraque, who all turned out to play great with us (except Laraque), you can't be blamed if the team does poorly. It's the same god damn team that got 1st last year, and you've added 3-4 key player.

Gainey has no control over players' slumps and injuries. Had there been no major injuries and had Plekanec and the Kostitsyns played like they did last year, I have no doubt we'd have been battling for top 3 in the East this year.

Last edited by fufonzo: 04-20-2009 at 08:45 AM.
fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote