View Single Post
04-21-2009, 07:32 AM
No strings on me
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by FINNtastic View Post
Off topic, as for Pulkkinen I was a bit disappointed with his shooting accuracy in this tournament (U18) but he still is an intriguing prospect. If I would send some player to the CHL it would be Pulkkinen 'cause he already plays a straight forward NA type of game so he would probably succeed. I wouldn't label him as a power forward-type 'cause in my eyes a power forward's game in based around his Milan Lucic etc. (or at least that's how I see it)

Pulkkinen on the other hand is more of a sniper with some eagerness to play the body. There hasn't really been a Finnish player like him so it's difficult to compare him. Here's a few tries: Selńnne with less speed but better stickhandling, Tuomo Ruutu with more flash and better hands but less physical, More physical Valtteri Filppula with a better shot.
I think it showed in Pulkkinen's game that he had been sidelined for over a month, he seemed a little tired and lacking routine in the last two games and when counting in the two ankle injuries from the fall, we didn't get to see the best Teemu Pulkkinen in this tournament yet. In the clips from the 5 Nations tournament in Sweden, he looked better and more willing to challenge defensemen (especially against Russia).

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote