View Single Post
Old
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Relatively... unproductive?

He's top three in both goals and points per game, only being marginally beaten out, and he doesn't get as much icetime as Alex Kovalev! He has more points and more goals per icetime than anyone on the Habs!

He is the Habs' most productive forward! How does that in any way, shape, or form, equate him to being "relatively unproductive"? Explain that one to me, 'cause I really don't see how it makes any kind of sense.

He was a fantastic acquisition, an impact player, and the Habs would be crazy not to try to re-sign him.
Please stick to the focus on his playoff (un)productiveness. The statistics I present are unimpeachable. You are diverting the argument to the regular season. But even at that he was proceeding at a 67-point clip playing first line minutes in an 82-game schedule. Is that worth $5.75M? As for his being 'third', you should consider discounting his relative contributions because many Habs experienced off seasons synchronously. For example, in 2007-2008 Tomas Plekanec was 29-40-69 in 81 games, which is superior to Tanguay's 2008-2009Hab production, and Plekanec isn't making $5.75M. IMO Tanguay didn't earn his team-highest salary, which was substantially above that of Kovalev, who actually shows up for the playoffs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote