Thread: A Rebuild Plan
View Single Post
Old
04-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
1. We have to trade some assets to bring in some players that can help our team.

Look to Philli, they need a goalie and a quality D-man, they've needed a goalie for the longest time.

trade Halak + McDonough for VanRiemsdyk

They were looking to trade him at the deadline for a goalie, Halak has potential to be a very solid #1. Many might not want to get rid of McDonough, but I think we need a player like VanRiemsdyk more than we need a McDonough type player. JVR is a gritty big scorer who has enormous potential. Philli with their talented roster could give him up imo.

2. Resign Saku, many don't want him back, but we need him back. Also bring back Komi. Kostopoulos. Bring back Beachemin to replace Boullion or try to get Zanon of the UFAs

3. Bring in a centerman...like Arnott. Plekanec, D'agostini and O'byrne for Arnott and a second in this years draft. Arnott is not a PPG centerman, but he's big, gritty and plays with heart. Has two more years left on a good contract and can be a #1b. centerman until we can find one ourselves.

4.Bring in a cheap veteren backup for Price.

VanRiemsdyk Arnott A.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty Koivu Higgins
Latendresse Lappiere S.Kostitsyn
Stewart Metropolit Kostopoulos

Markov Komi
Hamrlik Weber
Beauchemin Gorges

Addition of Arnott, JVR, Beachemin and a full time Max Pacioretty makes habs a tougher team but equally as skilled. Higgins, Latendresse, Lappiere, Stewart and Kostpoulos all play a gritty game as well.

I Know, I'm dreaming!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote