View Single Post
Old
04-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
A first glance your rationale seems plausible, but I think it falls down under additional scrutiny. It would certainly make more sense if they had mysteriously disappeared from the line up for game four (but as you pointed out, they've been playing hurt for some time).

These guys didn't get to the NHL without being ultra competitive, veteran players don't take themselves out of the game unless they're incapable of playing.

For me it boils down to this: What's more likely? That Schneider's shoulder is so bad that playing Weber makes more sense for the team or that Mathieu is so concerned out how much he'll be making next October that he decided to not to play?
True, but it could be a bit of both. I still think that they guys are hurt - and I spoke up in this thread because I saw guys calling out Demers for suggesting they were faking - from the interview I heard he never said they were faking, just brought up the UFA comment that I didn't think was a stretch.

Bottom line, if the guys can play, they would play. I just didn't like the suggestion that Demers said the players were faking. They're hurt I'm sure. I remember seeing Tanguay take a spill in the first shift of the series and then when I saw Laraque skating with Koivu and Kovalev - "uh oh, Alex is hurt."

No doubt they are hurt, and if they could play, they would.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote