Thread: Mike Smith
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
bassassin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Does Mike Smith's concussion status make anyone think that Tampa will get another goalie before the season starts?

As for the thought he's elite. I disagree as of now. I'm only starting to come around to Tim Thomas' ability. Tons of goalies get on a hot streak, or have a good season or three, but can't maintain that level of play.

Boucher, Every goalie Boston has had since Moog, Hedburg, Carey, Boucher again

Teams need goalies they can hang their hat on and I'm not totally convinced Smith is that guy yet.
We cant tell for sure, at the beginning of the season I was hoping for Ramo to start.

But the level of play he was sustaining especially behind that team was amazing, I have no doubt in my mind that he is better than anyone since Khabibulin, (not hard I know) but the question is how much better. I do think he can become/is the starter we need, just I would say we need another season to know for sure.

So yeah my longwinded answer was my way of saying he has shown enough for them to be confident enough to give him up to the trade deadline next season, provided he is healthy again. And that we dont have the assets to aquire a legit number 1, but maybe a vet backup/platooon goalie for Ramo isnt out of the question.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote