View Single Post
Old
09-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ
Lecavialler was the World Cup tournament's MVP and that is one point in Lecavialler's favour over Gange...I would not take too much stock on who was selected to team Canada and who was not selected as there were many Canadian born players who did not make the team that easily could have over those selected...take your own Keith Primeau, or Todd Bertuzzi, or Bryan McCabe or Glen Murray or Alex Tanguay...

Also over the past few seasons you will notice that Lecavialler has put up higher point totals, higher plus minus, higher shots and higher penalty minutes then Gange, he is also more durable and consistant. Happy now?
fine... he was world cup MVP... he had a good tournament, Rusty would have been a potential Conn Smythe candidate in the playoffs if Richards hadn't been insane with the gwg's...

Why not take stock in who was selected? You say it is highly competitive to get on the team in the first place and Gagne was selected over anyone else you can mention... For the Olympics(which Vinny was not selected for) and the WC.

Vinny has played on a better offensive team with a more offensive minded coach and NOT been asked to shut down the opponents best line. If you don't think that affects point total you are kidding yourself.

higher plus minus? REALLY? he got a +23 in his first year of TRYING to play defense and his point total dropped to 66.

Vinny's career +/- : -19, -25, -26, -18, 0, +23 so he's a career -65... i want him out there when i need to hold a lead...

Gagne career +/- : +11, +24, +31, +20, +12... yeah, vinny's got the higher +/-, that's +98 over his career.

i'll let you do the differential.

more durable... fine, Vinny has avoided the dread groin issue that happens to people, and Gagne seperated his shoulder. congrats on that...

higher PIM's. ah, good thing in fantasy hockey, not a good thing in reality.

nope, you've not countered any of my points in Gagne's favor, and made some stupid ones attempting to blow me away with the value of the Michael Jordan of hockey.