View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
There's other options in a trade than Lecavalier, he's not the only good center in the league and sometime it's a player you would never of thought about.

Just this deadline, one was available and Gainey thought he wasn't that good, that he couldn't help the team, but he surely was better than anything we had in the organisation : Jokinen.
See there are tons of conflicting reports coming from Calgary despite Jokinen incredible start of career with Calgary. And then when you watch for whom he was had, well sure we could find something close to Prust. But then who is our Lombardi? Surely Phoenix wanted a centerman, so who would you take, Plekanec or Lombardi? Surely Plekanec seems to have a higher upside offensively, but Lombardi seems to be the best 2-way guy so how about they were looking for that kind of player? And now that we got rid of our 1st and 2nd for Tanguay, a guy we don't know if we are going to keep, you would have get rid of another 1st for another guy you would have lost when our team needs to build on the draft? Surely I don't agree with Gainey who didn't seem to make any offers to anybody, at least as a GM you need to ask. But seeing what was given, I don't see how we could have done it.

Well I would not have done it 'cause I don't believe Jokinen would have turn and had the character to turn this around almost by himself.

Same for the people who wanted Antropov who was had for a 2nd rounder in 2009, a pick we don't have by the way....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote