View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sad that we forget about the majority who gave a great standing O at the end despite that really disapointing seasno. Sad that we forget that the nutcases on the upper levels are just fans who are taking their opinions from the media. The media that I defended in some occasions but who I say HAVE to take the responsability for this as well.

Somebody called CKAC this morning and said that she was sitting near the Molson EX Zone and said that it was a living hell. That a guy just sitting near her was shouting all game long after Koivu, saying how he was the cancer and needed to go.....where do you think he took that? Who succeeded in getting that into his head?

I believe that you can want Koivu in or out based on hockey reasons only. But to talk like that it means that some of the journalists' agendas are finally getting into people's head, and I refuse to think that the "fans" are the sole responsible. Like I was refusing to think that the "media" is the sole responsible for the UFA period.
Good post...i'm looking forward to a younger generation taking over the coverage of the Habs in Montreal. The 'old guard' is spoiled by the success of the past and think the Habs still compete in a 12 team league. I can't wait for the day where coverage of the Habs will consist more of talking about actual hockey and strategies, rather than hidden political debates or this sensationalism that's taken over the coverage of the Habs

417 is offline   Reply With Quote