View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
4rde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINNtastic View Post
Off topic, as for Pulkkinen I was a bit disappointed with his shooting accuracy in this tournament (U18) but he still is an intriguing prospect. If I would send some player to the CHL it would be Pulkkinen 'cause he already plays a straight forward NA type of game so he would probably succeed. I wouldn't label him as a power forward-type 'cause in my eyes a power forward's game in based around his hits..like Milan Lucic etc. (or at least that's how I see it)

Pulkkinen on the other hand is more of a sniper with some eagerness to play the body. There hasn't really been a Finnish player like him so it's difficult to compare him. Here's a few tries: Selšnne with less speed but better stickhandling, Tuomo Ruutu with more flash and better hands but less physical, More physical Valtteri Filppula with a better shot.
Yea well he is not power forward, i didnt mean that, i meant that there are some elements in his game that are similiar. He doesnt play the body that much, but the way he drives to the net if its needed and gets to those open areas to shoot is pretty good.

First well sized pure sniper Finland has ever seen.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote