View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Hockeyfan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityylightss View Post
what are your experiences with the pm9 curve? what are the pros/cons? what part of your game has been improved or suffered?
I bought a PM9 Bauer Supremem One90 composite blade for $51.99 or whatever and dislike it. I am sure I could get used to it but the mid-heel curve points the angle of the blade more forward which I am not used to.

I'm a Recchi, Heatley (Easton P9 pattern), Lindros (P88) , Martin St.louis curve type guy either 1/2" or slightly deeper.

I would prefer a curve that is almost straight honestly but you cannot buy those any longer since composites took over the wood market.

The PM9 had an awesome shot value and accurate but I didn't like the passing with it. It seemed too flat in the middle of the blade and with that forward angle it just didn't work for me. I am saving it to use outdoors or something because I bring the goal cage in the back of the pickup and shoot pucks like mad on outdoor ice in the winter.

Really though not sure if this helps answer your question or not about the pros and cons of a PM9. I am sure 10 others will have 10 different answers since everyone is different but this is my story.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote