View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 02:33 PM
kovaless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Nothing wrong with your other points, those are your opinions...but this one is just wrong. They were only together for the last 10 games of the season, and the majority of their destruction came against the Leafs, Islanders, Lightning and Thrashers. When they played against good teams, they were shut down rather easily.

And it's obvious now that Gainey was giving Tanguay sheltered minutes. Putting him on the first line would have put him up against Chara, and he would have been even more ineffective than he was. Instead Laraque was the one taking all the punishment from Chara on that line. This is what so many people don't understand about that whole "omg Laraque on the first line" stuff.
I stand corrected. Not 20 games. 10 games is right. I still think the chemistry was there. They produced points. They were on fire. Maybe against soft teams, but nothing worked for 70+ games this seasson.

Perhaps Tanguay was playing hurt for the first game 1 & 2, and that's why the lines were changed. Or, he could have just been re-injured in game 2. I'm not sure. If the doctors cleared Tanguay, and he said he was ready, I would have at least tried the same combination for a few periods to see what could happen.

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote