View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
that is TOM RENNEY hockey, not Torts hockey. and literally, the only way to win playing Tom Renney's BS style of hockey is to have your goaltender play out of his mind.
Inferno, I think your frustration is from the fact that deep down you truly believe this team has the talent to score goals on a consistent basis. So you see the way they are playing now and it frustrates you because it looks a lot like the way we played under Renney.
Here is the thing though, we brought in the most offensive minded coach possible. The polar opposite of Renney. After our new offense driven coach got to know this team he realized this teams best chance to win is to play the way we are now. So far he is right. What does that tell you?

Here is what it tells me. I think it took Torts a while to really get to know this team but it appears he realized the same thing Renney realized. This team has trouble scoring on a consistent basis. We may have a lot of players making elite money but our only elite player is in our net.

So you can do one of two things.... keep ramming the ultra aggressive "safe is death" system down their throats. Even though it is obvious they 1)don't have the stamina to play it for 3 full periods 2)don't have defensemen who are capable of playing it without creating an uncomfortable amount of odd man rushes. Or you acknowledge your teams deficiencies and get the most out of what you have? Even if that means playing a style that totally contradicts what you would prefer to play. To Torts credit he is going with option #2.