View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Catch-22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It's interesting to read you write that, because your objection to Tanguay really don't seem rooted in actual hockey reasons, seeing as he was bar none the most productive Hab this year.
That's because I'm not a math man. To me stats are only part of the equation. Hockey is a team sport and the goal is to win the stanley cup, not have a talented individual player who wins the regular season scoring race on his team. Besides points, I also care about how competitive players are and how much they sacrifice for the team, and especially how they compete in the playoffs when it counts. That's why I think Koivu is the best player on our team. It's because in the playoffs, he always is. Other teams seem to find talented players who sacrifice. It's time for us to do the same.

Tanguay is not a competitor. He proved it all year long AND it's been shown in years past. Lots of points, no sacrifice. I have no doubt that that's why Sutter and Keenan in Calgary were so eager to get rid of him. I mistakenly thought he'd be an upgrade over Ryder. I reiterate....mistakenly. My new position is that you can't change these players. Just forget about them. You've got to find players who already want to win the cup more than collect points.

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote