View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
FlyHigh: solid post.

Everyone else against Biron: are you really being serious? You're saying Marty wishes he could play like Turco did in last year's playoffs? Did you watch last year's playoffs? Biron on his A-game is damn scary, and at the very least equal to Marty Turco.

And his puckhandling isn't what separates him from being a playoff goalie. He is a playoff goalie whether you ever admit it or not. His puckhandling sucks but I'd still love to have him behind my guys in a playoff series, because at the very least he keeps you in the game while making some very, very quality and/or timely saves (which is obviously even bigger in the playoffs than in the regular season).

I think it's hilarious that some people are clamoring for 36 year old Nikolai Khabibulin, and that the people who want a guy like Harding or Halak (something I'm not necessarily against) still generally want one (or both) of Randy Jones or Matt Carle on the team.

The bottom line is Marty's never going to be good enough for far too many fans of this team, simply because. Everyone wants a better goalie, a better defense, and a better coach. You realize two of three of those are never ever going to happen in a salary cap day-and-age as long as this team is loaded at forward because that would just be a super team, right?

If you want to take up issues that have much more clear answers than our goaltending situation, take a look at our current roster and I dare you to state and overwhelmingly find a way to support keeping 10.35 million dollars in dead weight (Jones, Lupul, and Carle).

OK, I'm sorry...this was a roughly cohesive rant. I'm stopping now.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote