View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
felixd

vCash: 500
Beauchemin is overrated. He gets outmuscled off the puck pretty easily...he plays with one of Pronger/Niedermayer most of the time which makes him look pretty good. I'm on the west coast and watch a lot of Ducks games, and yeah he's a pretty good defenseman, but I sorely hope we don't throw 4-5 million at him, he is not worth that much.

He can make decent breakout passes so in that sense he could help our defensive core, but he won't be worth what he'll get on the open market. That money would be better spent on Komisarek. Beauchemin is nothing more than a decent 2nd pairing guy.

I think a guy like Erik Cole could help our team a lot. He's fast and can skate and would help our forecheck quite a bit. Problem with Cole is we can't expect him to be a savior. If you expect good energy and 25-30 goals, he'll be good but he wouldn't be an "impact" player.

Depending on many of our UFAs we resign, if we have the money, we should do everything we can to get Hossa. I wouldn't mind letting Kovalev and Schneider go and use that money to try and get Hossa.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote