View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 06:25 PM
MontrealHabitant

vCash: 500
Some of the posters here are confused, we missed pretty much all of our players during the season, had to deal with all the stupid bs surrounding the team.

On top of that, you know Chemistry ? You need some of that, kinda hard to have any of that if everyone is always injured, can't get used to the guys playing with you, funny how Latendresse-Lapierre-Kostopoulos was our most steady line and happened to be the biggest surprise this year, surely playing together for most of the season had something to do with it.

2007-2008 was no fluke, that was REAL. Now this season was a huge fluke, we never came close to ice the real line up and its what pissed me off the most.

Reality is we had no business to be in the playoff with the injuried line up and everything that happened, but we still made it, and it tells you how deep this team is.

Quote:
agree with the original post - this season was really more a set of bad circumstances than a bad team.
We got a winner.

Quote:
I also dont understand the original poster of they made boston look "silly" at times in the playoffs.
I'd feel bad if i knew my team got outplayed a full period ( more then once actually) against a team lacking all its key players.

During the 2007-2008 season, we were missing Koivu, you were missing Bergeron, when Koivu came back, it completely destroyed CJ match plan to have Chara cover Kovalev, because Chara couldn't watch both Kovalev and Koivu, and its where things went down hill for the Bruins, they were dead in game 6 but Price had a bad game, so it went to game 7, and we all saw what happened.

Don't get me wrong, Injuries happens, just not to the point where you lose your 1st and 2nd Dman, your starting goalie, your leading scorer and so on.

I don't remember the last team to have this amount of injuries and making it in the playoff, Dallas couldn't do it this year, then again while they didn't have anywhere near the same amount of injuries that we did, theirs we're lasting a lot longer.

This season was a fluke and im looking forward for next season, it is gonna be an interesting summer, the key components of this team are all already with Contracts, time to add some pieces and get ready for another season.

Bruins this year looked a lot like the Canadiens of 2007-2008, 3 scoring lines, young players having good breakthrough seasons, star d-man, star goalie, not that much experience. It would be a lie to say the Bruins didn't have a good line up, but saying we wouldn't even compete is just plain dumb.

Without the Injuries, pretty much sure we finish either 1st or 4th ( still 2nd in terms of pts) this season, however the hockey gods didn't agree with this.

Injuries Happens, Bad luck happens, you can't do anything about it.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote