View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
DaHabMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
I'd like to know how come they all regressed personnally. And "it happens" won't do it because it never happens, not all youngsters in a single year. And I'd like to know Gainey's reasonning for having 11 UFA's on his team. Incentives to perform? How could he be dumb enough to believe that when other teams are willing to throw millions at underperforming players with potential. This season was a major failure on so many levels.
oops sorry think i used the wrong wording here, our young players all had bad years at the same time was pretty much what i wasmeaning...guess you cant read what i think...my bad.....as for the reasoning behind the 11 ufas, im with you, you can have 1 or 2 but 11 is just not good. We should have at least signed a couple during the year and i hope gainey works on this in the next few years. His ufa policy is flawed. As for the youngsters, well, there is no clear explanation, there are a variety of reasons why it happened and the reasons might be different for each player. But one thing for sure is that you dont blow up and trade all your young players because of one bad year. It does happen and as proof, you can look at other young players around the league. Some adapt better some dont. You just cant foresee that.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote