View Single Post
Old
04-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Moulson is UFA IV I believe. Cause he's older or something.
You are correct......not only because of his age ....but because of his limited number of NHL games played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Thanks for the effort Telos. I am admittedly not a numbers guy, but I have to think that even with Frolov and JMFJ re-signed, we have lots O money to get the players we need, and not just the ones that "fit" into some artificial internal budget.

While I realize that every team has to map out salary expenditures due to the cap, its kind of hard to believe we need to be conservative about spending long term re cap hits when we have the most cap space available of any team too.

The Kings do have a lot of cap space....but once the season is over there are actually 9 teams that will have more space at the beginning of the free agent period......admittedly many of those teams will have more players to sign than the Kings....but they could opt to sign 1 or 2 big name guys and fill in the rest with league minumum players. The Kings do have the room to sign 1 big name player ($7 - $8 million) and possibly a mid tier player (around $3 -$4 million).......but I would not assume that the Kings could sign 2 or more big players without there being repercussions with their current group.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote