Old
04-24-2009, 12:33 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon View Post
Disclaimer: This is not what I think will happen it is what I would try to do. Also, I know all the players I signed might not accept the offers (I’m sure everyone will say the offers are too low) and I have no clue if the Lightning and Canucks would accept those trades (I’m sure everyone will say I didn’t offer enough). This is just what I would try to do. I am attempting to make the team a bigger, stronger, grittier team that is hard to play against. All the lines have good size. The top two lines would be counted on for offence. The 3rd line can be physical, good defensively, and put some goals on the board. The 4th line is gritty. I listed other UFA’s and RFA’s that are of interest to me if I couldn’t sign the players I said I did or if we had to involve more players in trades (ie. Higgins). Also, who knows what the cap will do so maybe none of this will work anyways, ha. Oh yeah, one of the most important things is I added is another right-handed shot. When we lost Lang that lack of a right-handed shot on the PP hurt us bad. Bernier and Lang are right-handed shots and can play on the PP. Weber is the right-handed point shot.

Tanguay (5.25)...........Lecavalier (7.73)....Bernier (2.625)
Pacioretty (0.875).......Lang (2.5).............Kovalev (4.0)
Higgins (2.0)...............Lapierre (0.688).....Latendresse (1.333)
Stewart (0.650)..........Metropolit (1.0)......Laraque (1.5)

FORWARDS = $30.151 million

Markov (5.75)............Komisarek (4.5)
Bouwmeester (5.57)...O’Byrne (0.942)
O’Brien (1.5)..............Weber (0.875)

DEFENCE = $19.137 million

Price (2.2)
Halak (0.775)

GOALIES = $2.975 million

TOTAL = $52.263 million

Unrestricted Free Agent Signings
Bouwmeester – 7 years at 7.0, 6.0, 6.0, 5.0, 5.0, 5.0, 5.0 = $39 million at $5.57 million/year
Tanguay – 4 years at 5.5, 5.5, 5.0, 5.0 = $21 million at $5.25 million/year
Komisarek – 4 years at 4.5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5 = $18 million at $4.5 million/year
Kovalev – 2 years at $4.0 = $9.0 million at $4.0 million/year
Lang – 1 year at 2.5 = $2.5 million at $2.5 million/year

Restricted Free Agent Signings
Bernier – 3 years at 2.625, 2.625, 2.625 = $7.875 million at $2.625 million/year
Latendresse – 3 years at 1.0, 1.5, 1.5 = $4.0 million at $1.333 million/year
Higgins – 2 years at 2.0, 2.0 = $4.0 million at $2.0 million/year
O’Brien – 2 years at 1.5, 1.5 = $3 million at $1.5 million/year
Stewart – 2 years at 0.650, 0.650 = $1.3 million at $0.650 million/year

Did not re-sign
Koivu, Kostopolous, Dandenault, Bouillon, Brisebois

Other UFA’s of interest
Travis Moen, Martin Havlat, Marian Hossa, Marian Gaborik, Ian Laperriere, Kurtis Foster, Francois Beauchemin, Olaf Kolzig, Brian Boucher, Saku Koivu, Mathieu Dandenault, Tom Kostopolous, Francis Bouillon, Chris Neil, Nick Boynton, Mathieu Schneider, Stephane Yelle, Dwayne Roloson

Other RFA’s of interest
Ryan Clowe, Phil Kessel, Kris Versteeg, Drew Stafford, Cam Barker, Ben Eager, Dave Bolland, Jack Johnson, Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan, Kyle Brodziak, Matt D’Agostini

Trades

Lightning
Lecavalier – Plekanec, A.Kostitsyn, S.Kostitsyn, Gorges, picks, Lightning draft Hedman with 2nd overall pick

Canucks
Bernier, O’Brien – Chipchura, Hamrlik (who knows if they want Hamrlik but they are losing Ohlund)

Other Stuff

I had tried to make a contract for Gaborik in place of Kovalev but I couldn’t make one that I thought he would accept and fit it under the cap. Also, if we couldn’t sign Komisarek for a reasonable price I would probably go after Nick Boynton or another defenseman like that.

I tried to make a trade for Jordan Staal, so the second line would have been Pacioretty Staal Gaborik but I couldn’t find anything that would be enough to get it done.

I re-signed Lang instead of Koivu because with the addition of Lecavalier he would be the leader. Lang replaces Koivu as 2nd line center because Lang is a very smart player who uses his size effectively.

I re-signed Kovalev because I think he plays good when everyone else is trying. If no one else is putting in the effort he stops trying too.

Also, do whatever you can to get Alexei Yemelin the hell over to North America. And do not draft Euro’s in the earlier rounds, it is a waste of a pick because you do not know if the player will ever come to North America no matter what they say unless you are drafting top 5 overall. Draft North Americans who dreamed of playing for the Stanley Cup and not a gold medal at the Olympics. Go for a steal in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round with some random Euro picks if they want ala Markov, Datsyuk, Halak, etc.
No offense buddy but even as a Pipe dream I don't see this happening. This is more a fantasy NHL 09 type of team. Sorry but Bouwmeester wont ask for 5.57. Komisarek will ask for more then 4.5. I doubt we will have half the players you have on the team. Vinny would be nice though, but if you have Vinny you loose the rest of the team. As Pierre McGuire said, You have one really great player on an aweful team. The Lecavalier Syndrome.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote