View Single Post
Old
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Puckhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
McKenzie is a Megalencephalic blowhard. Say Hockey Night in Canada (ergo the CBC) came up and offered him a huge raise to jump ship I somehow doubt he'd care one iota what the network's bottom line was like.
That is very short sighted and childish of you to say.
1 - That's his job, and
2 - are you a hockey fan or not?

If your answer is yes, then check back into the REALTIY MOTEL where most of us choose to spend some time, and look at the mess that this league is in. I understand that the owners created this mess, and I am not saying that the players are wrong for trying to get as much money as they can, but the game should it continue without cost certainty is not going to make it. Selfishly and realistically, I hope there are some teams that are forced out. It will make the product better, which will make it more entertaining for the fans, and that will draw sponsors and new fans to the sport. The way things have been going I don't think this game is drawing any new fans in the States, as evidenced by no major TV deals. Why should the sport suffer for the sake of teams that don't have a hope in hell of making a serious go of it anyway?

Say what you want about Bob McKenzie, but if you are a hockey fan, he speaks the truth and he is very good at what he does. You may not like what he has to say, but that doesn't mean he's wrong.