View Single Post
Old
04-25-2009, 02:54 PM
pavvento

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I'm going to come to your job and dump a beer on you from behind while you are working. We will see how professional you behave.
Not every situation is the same, so please don't compare this to every work situation. I'm a teacher, if a kid throws a pencil at me while I'm teaching am i excused from acting professionally? Am I allowed to throw it back without fear of penalty? Absolutely not. Just because he's in a work environment doesn't mean you can stretch the argument to cover everyone's situation.

The question we should be trying to answer is what precedents have been set in this type of situation. A playoff game with a coach throwing stuff at a fan and then threatening them with a stick. Has it happened before, and what action did the league take.

I am finding it hard to believe that people are defending this guy's actions. It's one thing to think it's blown out of proportion, but to actually defend what he did? Raise your hand if you'd be making excuses for Lindy Ruff if he did this at the Garden.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote