View Single Post
Old
09-20-2004, 08:25 PM
hockeytown9321

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Are you talking about the players here?
Its kinda obvious that you side on the side of the players, but I dont get it. They have been proven to care less about the game , the fans & the owners. Why dont you give the owners the same opportunity to show they dont care.
BTW, if the players dont like the salary cap rules, cant they just go play in some other league?
And btw, your Wal Mart analogy is really quite stupid. If the franchises are healthy, the NHL (Wal Mart) is healthy. Wal Mart is much more akin to the NHL than it is to individual franchises. See, in the real world if Wal mart stores were a franchises, it would be very bad for the franchisor (Wal MArt/NHL)if numerous stores were going down the tubes or losing $$$.
See, its really not all that complicated.

And like I've said, the owners don't have the games interests at heart.

Capitalism is all about winners and losers. if its OK for the owners to operate under a capitalistic model in one aspect of their business, then to me its OK if they run the entire league that way. I hope all the Canadian teams fold. If they don't like how things are run, start their own league. Have a cap. I hope Nashville, Carolina, Anaheim, Phoenix, Columbus, Atlanta, Floirda, Tampa and everybody else that can't make enough money on their own to survive fold. Thats capitalism. Shut your mouth, suck it up, take responsiblity for your problems.