View Single Post
Old
04-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc-edouard grier View Post
Thanks for the heads up . Rings extremely true to me, considering I'm a Raiders fan (sigh), and most of those thoughts went through my head in the 07 draft.

Reminds me of Moneyball, where Beane intentionally picked some of "his" guys in the first round, partly because he wouldn't have to pay those guys top dollar, considering the weaker bargaining power the prospects he chose held.
poor you, it's a thing a beauty watching the Patriots work the draft and trade down when they need and making great trades adding future picks year after year, in the meantime, you see the Raiders reaching for players round after round and year after year. It's fine that they draft Heyward-Bay, but please, work the draft and make it go your way, you can get him mid to late first, get extra picks in the process.

I don't believe much in the strategy of getting your guy as soon as you can. I'm much more in favor of the Patriots strategy to move down, get your guy about where he's about to go and get a bunch of picks in the process. Also, I don't believe the Brady pick was as random as people make it seem. Again, I don't believe the Patriots reach for players at any point in the draft, and although they might not have thought he'd become a super bowl mvp, I'm sure the pick wasn't random, just like the Cassell and O'Connell pick weren't random late picks.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote