View Single Post
Old
04-26-2009, 10:32 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
well said.
I watched some of the replay again today and about two minutes before the incident the fan in the white shirt is cracking jokes with the security guard.
Security at the verizon center is a joke. I had a caps fan start something with me, unprovoked, and the usher and a caps employee in a suit told me to ignore it. Didn't say a word to the fan.
Even if you don't kick him out right away there has to be a line, if it gets to the point where the team doesn't feel safe security should do something more than crack jokes with the guy.

For the record, I am not defending what tortorella did but in this case if fans were allowed to spit on him then it would appear that verizon security may need to be held accountable too.
Would you testify to this in a court of law?

I'm hearing rumors to the effect of the Rangers possibly filing suit against the Capitals, Verizon Center, and the NHL for a failure to provide adequate security. There are supposedly some Ranger fans in the vicinity who saw the entire incident unfold, and they were NEVER asked by security and the league doing its "investigation" as to what happened.

There is obviously more to this story than what the NHL reported. If we are to completely believe the NHL's account, Tortorella threw water and then a water bottle at innocent people. If that's TRULY the case, Tortorella should have been suspended for life. One game doesn't make sense.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote