View Single Post
04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Agent 0091
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
Put the crack pipe down. Let's remember where 3/4ths of shooting power comes from, the legs and core. Anyone who just shoots from their arms will have a pathetic shot.
Yeah, so because I state that having your strong hand lower makes your shot stronger, I must be an idiot

It's natural that your arms still have a bearing on how hard you shoot, no matter how much power you generate from the rest of your body, if you're equally comfortable shooting from both sides, then the strong hand should be on the shaft to produce a better shot.

Or do you use psychic powers to take your shots?

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
That's interesting about those names you named. I cannot imagine shooting with the dominant hand on the shaft and the lesser on the knob.

I wouldn't be able to shoot or do anything.

Okay I am a righty and my weight sits on my right dominant leg when shooting but my dominant right hand is on the knob (I shoot lefty) and my weaker arm is lower on the shaft.

So supposedly according to most here I am shooting the wrong way and must also be batting in baseball the wrong way. I've been playing for 35 years (I am 40 soon to be 41) and played competitively from highschool hockey onward for various good teams. I don't suck at playing is my point and have a heavy shot so where did I go right or wrong lolz?

Am I a rare thing for a hockey player because I have never really noticed if a team mate shoots left but is a righty or shoots righty and is a lefty.

This is interesting really.

I do know my dad played hockey and baseball and could switch hit in both baseball and hockey oddly enough. A genetic thing perhaps? I cannot switch hit though so I don't get it.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with being against the grain lol. IMO, it's basically how you learn and become comfortable that determines it. I know My dad tried to get me to shoot right, but I started as a lefty when he gave me a straight blade and wouldn't switch.

And it's definitely not a rare thing, I know I've had a bunch of team-mates that shoot left but are righties before.

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote