Murray-Chipchura-Metropolit
Laraque

Markov-Beauchemin
Trade-Komi
Geoges-Subban/Weber/Dandy

Price
Veteran goalie

Trade assets: Pleks, Higgins, D'Ago, Skosts, Hammer

-Lecavalier I dont see how we can get Lecavalier after the whole saga and even before that. Good player but not worth the asking price at all.

-Get Marleau. The Sharks will probably choke again this year and the will most likely try to unload Marleau and keep Thorton. Sharks and Habs have been trade partner before, Marleau becomes our number one center and should cost less that Vinny.

-Sign Koivu and Kovy. We need them, they are the only ones who showed up in this year's playoffs and if you want to win the cup, you need playoffs performers and finally we can take some pressure off Koivu.

-Bring back Perez. This guy has great offensive skills, speed to burn and plays hard all the time. We need him back.

-Sign Beauchemin. Probably the only UFA who will want to sign here, physical, cup winner, great one-timer from the point.

-Sign Komi. Even though he regressed this year, we need his physical play and presence, i still believe in his potential.

-Trade Hammer. Probably the hardest task of the summer for Gainey (if hes still here). I was so dissapointed with his play this year, overpaid, aging who doesnt bring much to the table for a 5 mill + player. At this salary, you'd expect him to be the kind of player to take over Markov's place when injured but he cant. I dont see any team in this league wanting him unless they are trying to get rid of another overpaid player (Souray or Penner Oilers?).

-Keep Dandy. He can be what Brisebois did for us the last 2 years.

-Trade Halak and get a veteran Goalie to mentor Price.If we are to commit to Price as our future, Halak cannot be back next year. It would only slow Price down and mess with his already fragile confidence. He needs a backup like Kolzig who will only play 15-20 games/year and help Price becoming the star that he should be.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote