View Single Post
Old
04-27-2009, 02:43 PM
JackThunder

vCash: 500
Returning to hockey - Getting back in shape

Hello there, I've been reading the forums for quite while and I have finally decided to ask you guys for some advice.

I'm 19 and I want to get back to hockey. I played for 8 years from 5 to 13 years old. I was fairly good playing AA and Spring AAA in Quebec. Since two years i've started playing hockey at the rink during the winter and I enjoy playing hockey again. Sooo, next year I am attending Université de Montreal and they have a sort of local league with different levels. I would like to get back in shape and attempt to get in the best level.

I don't now a lot about summer and hockey related training. Currently, I'm 6'3'', 180 lbs and increasing. I've been going to the gym since a year. I started jogging three weeks ago and I heard hill climbing is pretty good for hockey.

Do you guys know any tips you could give me to get back in hockey shape? What kind of exercise are good for my speed/agility? I have done some basic plyometrics on some boxes at the gym, but that's about all. What kind of muscle should I work on (both upper and lower body) at the gym?

That's it I tried to give you guys some information on what I need.

Thaanks

(sorry if my english aint that good)

JackThunder is offline   Reply With Quote