View Single Post
Old
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
I don't like the "spend more for the same team" approach either. I'm hoping a bunch of our third and fourth line players won't be back. We seem to be amazed when the deep depth guys we pick up can actually play to some minimum level, so we "lock ''em up" with two or three year deals. I wish we'd stop doing that.

If we want to be minimum payroll guys, then we have to turn the team personnel over frequently and keep trying to "hit" with those players who play over their price. Such as Ward did this year. The downside is we have to be willing to let those guys go when other teams pay their true price or higher.

I don't care that much if we go lower cost, and don't overspend to try for a winner, either. I can be patient.

All I want is for them to be financially successful at a level that keeps hockey in Nashville. So we miss the playoffs some times, and rarely (never, so far...) advance out of the first round. So? As long as there's hockey downtown to go see I'm much, much happier than if there's no hockey downtown.

That's just the way I am. If I lived in New York, I'd be a Mets fan.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote