Thread: Salary Cap: Two-Year Plan
View Single Post
Old
04-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Jonjmc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
With the new arena and the richest owner in hockey we should be in the same position to take advantage of that loophole as any other team. That said, as I said above there will be so many teams in trouble if the cap drops to $50 million that I am pretty certain something will be worked out. What exactly, I have no clue. If not though a LOT of teams will be scrambling so it is the same thing, we will not be at any sort of competitive disadvantage.
If you assume that ownership is willing to lose money. I wouldn't make that assumption myself. Although to be fair, they did eat the Satan contract even if the balance was only a bit over a million, so you may be correct.

And the CBA is amendable if both sides agree, but there is little motivation for the owners to seek a higher cap than the current CBA would mandate... they would simply put themselves in a position to lose money. There may be already a half dozen teams that are losing double digit millions now, can't see them agreeing to lose more.

Jonjmc is online now   Reply With Quote