View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
I think Cammalerri is definitely a pipe-dream for this team. He'll get 5 million at least and that's just not realistic for us. We might be able to snag Kovalev, but even that might be a stretch.
I definitely think it is. Example:
Imagine Scuderi resigned to 2 million. Zigomanis signed to 0.9. Gogo signed to 1.2. Lovejoy promoted as the extra D at his present 0.85. If anything this would amount to impressive bargain deals by Shero.

Then we're still short the top six wingers. Now imagine that for toughness and nostalgia reasons we're sending Dupuis and a so-so prospect to Atlanta for RFA Colby who - after holding out for more than Atlanta wants to pay and threatening arbitration - signs with us at his present 1.2 because he misses us just that much.... which allows us to move Kennedy to Crosby's wing for whirlwind action on the first line.
Then we sign Pesonen to a 1 million deal as Sykora's replacement. We all agree this is not super sexy. Yet - we're now at 53.5 million with one top6 winger to sign. Gah! If the cap doesn't drop (I think it will), that's 3 million left, and we'd need a bit of room to call up people when injuries happen. So, incoming UFA at 2.5 max unless we plan on playing Caputi there. For everyone screaming about Pesonen being nothing but silly, unrealistic hope on my part (might be).... drop him then. Sign Sykora for 2.5 or someone else. Just remember that then the available funds for the remaining winger drop that much more.

Kunitz (3.7) Crosby (8.7) Kennedy (0.725)
XXXXXXXXX Malkin (8.7) Pesonen (1)
Cooke (1.2) Staal (4) Colby (1.2)
Talbot (1.1) Zigomanis (0.9) Godard (0.75)
Extras from WBS: Jeffrey, Caputi, BizzNasty.... Tangradi, Vitale etc.

Sarge (5) Orpik (3.7)
Letang (0.85) Eaton (2)
Goligoski (1.2) Scuderi (2)
Lovejoy (0.85)

Fleury (5)
Curry (0.5)

I think it is clear that there will be no big names coming unless someone big leaves... or Jagr comes through as the knight(cap) in shiny armor (I think my Pesonen case is about 100x as realistic ). Shero has to earn his wages in the years to come.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote