View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldo View Post
Based on Koivu's comments I would assume that he really is willing to return to Habs, provided that the management still wants him to be there.

Now, if management and Koivu both want Koivu to stay, the contract should and will be finalised before July 1st. Therefore if Koivu isn't signed by Habs come July 1st, the management does not want to have him back and Koivu will take offer from another team.

Have no doubts, there will be teams willing to offer him good to great second line center role and money (Naturally Minnesota is among the possible destinations).
Sure. Still, if the Habs had something else in mind but that couldn't work, if they go back to Koivu after July 1st, well Koivu won't like it and won't sign? I would understand that my team has 10ish players to sign and that there might other interesting options. And they might even do that for Koivu's advantage in order for him to know who else want him out there and also the possibility to get a better contracts if there's more than one team implicated.

Just saying, if you REALLY want to be here, you keep your options open. You might feel like you are not option #1 for the Habs, but if the Habs still come back with an interesting offer, well you're interesting enough to have that offer.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote