View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
I wonder how much media pressure would subside if Quebec were to have another team again?

I don't blame the fans, i blame the media. The fans don't demand certain gossip or news, they just want to hear some news. The media FEEDS the fans whatever news they so desire.

I think that MTL will not do much in terms of curbing media, unless they're tangibly hurt by it. It would take quite a few players both on the team and around the NHL stating that they would prefer NOT to play in Montreal soley based on the media tactics and unnecessary pressure they put on the team.

THE PLAYERS HAVE TO PUT A STOP TO IT AND THEY CAN!!

Media's been all over Vinny. How much of a blow would it be if he were to have a press conference stating that he'd love to play in MTL but the only reason he won't is because of the media, and only that. Naturally the media would deflect and twist around the statement for some damage control but that would be pretty damning.

that would be epic and just what the doctor ordered. Without having to come here, Vinnie would do a great service for the Habs. Does anyone know Jean Béliveau personally. Maybe we should ask Mr. Béliveau to ask Vinnie to this.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote