View Single Post
Old
04-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkeyanti View Post
I wouldn't mind Datsyuk or Richards getting it. Datsyuk's "smart plays" are usually a lot better performed and his teammates seem to read what he's doing, whereas Mike just sort of does it and the team reacts. One thing to take into consideration is how any PKs Richards played. Detroit was in the bottom 5 of penalties (number 1?), and Datsyuk played far fewer PKs. I think I might give the nod to Datsyuk this year though, his play was just so consistently excellent.
Datsyuk: 129:56 PK mins, 1:36 per game.

Richards: 252:48 PK mins, 3:12 per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Sorry, but this is just a joke. Richards turns the puck over more than any other forward on our top 3 lines. This is just the voters voting on the SHG stat, and nothing else.

If Richards could play defense the way Datsyuk can, the Flyers would be in the second round and Mike would not have been a -4 in the playoff series.
I'm now convinced you and JXC are the same person.

Giveaways are now a defensive stat? Datsyuk was the top forward and 2nd highest player in the giveaway category on his team. Isn't that interesting. Could it be that players who handle the puck a lot might also give it away a lot?

If Richards was so much worse playing defense, wouldn't there be a huge discrepancy in their takeaways, and not just a difference of 6? Also, would Datsyuk not have more than 33 blocked shots to Richards' 90?

The only joke is people who think this nomination is a joke.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote